A Rehash Opportunity: Bringing New Worth To That Old Doll Pattern

by - 4:17 PM

It is time to ramble 

#1:  About that new request. 

I recently discovered something.  A new request for an unfamiliar character started to remind me of an old request from years back. Eureka! I'm rich! I will save a lot of time and effort. (Rich not as in money, but as in joy. Haha.) Which brings me to this question: How many new requests turnover into new products that other shoppers request? Answer: A very small percentage in my experience.  

Ramble #2: The old to new discovery is a starting block in a short distance race. 

On this craft journey I have run into a race track of sorts. I took my runners' starting block, that old to new discovery,  and entered the track. Pow!, the starting gun went off. The starting block set me off running, at the shot of the gun, on a steady pace and a good mindset. (What is at the finish line? ) 

This discovery I like to call the Rehash Opportunity. It involves all the past effort in making that one-off doll that is no longer in demand, which turned out rather pleasing. It reminds me of the failure too: new product turnout without further demand does not make a thriving business.

Aside from that I shall conclude that, it is not the products but the customers that make  business thrive. Even one request is worth a million (not dollars but bundles of joy). 

End rambling.  

Here is the old doll design that this Rehash Opportunity will give new life to.  There were noticeable similarities in the face between the old and new.  The old, Eleanor Chipette reminded me of the new, Sid the Science Kid, to-be-revealed next time..









You May Also Like

0 comments